- Joe Buscaglia of The Athletic writes that Chargers DB Desmond King is worth keeping an eye on as a potential trade target for the Bills, who could use some help in the secondary. Buscaglia considers the likelihood of the Bills making a move to be “high.”
- Armando Salguero reports that Dolphins DL Davon Godchaux opted to have surgery to repair his biceps injury. However, he’s still hoping to return before the end of the season.
- Miami placed Godchaux on injured reserve Friday. (NFLTR)
- Josh Tolentino of The Athletic writes that “any capable nose tackle” is worth keeping an eye on as a potential trade target for the Dolphins in the coming weeks. However, Tolentino considers it unlikely Miami will be aggressive in the trade market leading up to the deadline.
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 6: DE Shaq Lawson (shoulder), TE Durham Smythe (knee), LB Kyle Van Noy (groin)
Jets OC Dowell Loggains believes the team’s offensive issues are related to execution and not Adam Gase calling plays.
“Our issues on offense are bigger than playcalling right now. It comes down to execution,” Loggains said, via the New York Post. “It comes down to making sure your guys are in the right spots. Whoever calls the plays isn’t [himself] converting on third-and-1, isn’t converting the fourth-and-1 last week in the game. Those are things that come down to details.”
- Ralph Vacchiano of SNY takes a look at seven players the Jets could consider trading before the deadline including S Marcus Maye, DT Quinnen Williams, CB Brian Poole, S Bradley McDougald, TE Chris Herndon, RB Frank Gore and QB Joe Flacco.
- DOUBTFUL for Week 6: T Mekhi Becton (shoulder), QB Sam Darnold (right shoulder)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 6: CB Blessuan Austin (calf, not injury related), DE John Franklin (foot), G Alex Lewis (shoulder), WR Breshad Perriman (ankle), DT Quinnen Williams (hamstring)
- Jeff Howe of The Athletic tosses out Texans WR Kenny Stills, Texans WR Will Fuller, Giants WR Golden Tate and Panthers WR Curtis Samuel as some potential trade targets who could make sense for the Patriots.
- Howe believes there’s a “90 percent” chance of New England making a trade for the upcoming deadline.
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 6: DT Adam Butler (shoulder), WR Julian Edelman (knee), G Shaquille Mason (calf), T Isaiah Wynn (calf)