- Matthew Fairburn of The Athletic lists several potential cuts for the Bills next season with cap concerns on the horizon including WR John Brown, C Mitch Morse, DL Quinton Jefferson, DL Vernon Butler, TE Lee Smith.
- There are a few young players on the Bills roster who need to prove themselves to secure their positions beyond this season, according to Fairburn. They include TE Dawson Knox, CB Taron Johnson, and DT Harrison Phillips.
- According to Joe Schad, Dolphins RB Myles Gaskin (knee) could be activated from injured reserve for Week 13, while RBs Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) and DeAndre Washington (hamstring) are considered doubtful.
- DOUBTFUL for Week 13: RB Salvon Ahmed (shoulder), RB DeAndre Washington (hamstring)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 13: G Solomon Kindley (foot), WR Malcolm Perry (chest), QB Tua Tagovailoa (left thumb)
“We’re going to just keep trying to rotate those guys as well as we can. The flow of the game really doesn’t always go as smooth as you want,” Gase said, via Peter Botte of the New York Post. “I think, with the amount of games we’ve got left, I feel good about [Gore’s workload]. I mean, watching him practice, you can’t tell. … He still looks pretty good in practice.”
Jets OC Dowell Loggains praised rookie LT Mekhi Becton‘s consistency against good pass rushers.
“You see the highlights. His splash plays are amazing for an offensive lineman. You just don’t see tackles in the NFL making those SportsCenter-worthy type plays,” Loggains said. “But his consistency, every time he’s faced these good pass rushers, different fronts, different defense … he’s a guy that doesn’t make the same mistake twice. I think that’s really important to take that next step. That’s where I think he’s grown the most as a player, his knowledge of the game.”
- OUT for Week 13: G Alex Lewis (not injury related)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 13: G Pat Elflein (shoulder), T George Fant (knee, ankle)
Patriots HC Bill Belichick said they considered selecting Justin Herbert in the 2020 NFL Draft but New England was too far down the board.
“We talked about (Herbert),” Belichick said, via Gilbert Manzano of the OC Register. “(But) where we were drafting and where he was picked was two different stratospheres.”
Belichick said that Herbery has “no weaknesses” and praised many of his qualities.
“I would say (he) has no weaknesses,” Belichick said. “He’s a smart kid. Handles things well (like) game plan, line of scrimmage, things like that. Can make all the throws. Fast, athletic, can extend plays with his legs. Hard to tackle. He’s got good poise. Has stood in there and taken hits and thrown the ball and come back and done it again. I thought a lot of him coming out. Been impressed.”
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 13: LB Ja’Whaun Bentley (groin), DT Adam Butler (shoulder), DT Byron Cowart (back), S Kyle Dugger (toe), K Nick Folk (back), TE Ryan Izzo (hamstring, hand), CB J.C. Jackson (hip), RB Jakob Johnson (knee), G Shaquille Mason (calf), QB Cam Newton (abdomen), WR Matt Slater (knee), RB J.J. Taylor (quadricep)