- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler says Bills LB Matt Milano is a strong extension candidate before he hits free agency in 2021.
- The Bills hosted free agent LB Deon Lacey for a visit on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Dolphins had 27 total rushing attempts in Sunday’s 21-11 loss to the Patriots. Myles Gaskin led the team with nine, Jordan Howard had eight, Matt Breida had five while QB Ryan Fitzpatrick also had five.
- Dolphins OC Chan Gailey said the team won’t have “a guy” at running back and will operate by committee. He did say he would like to use Breida more: “But at the same time, there’s only a certain number of plays for each guy to get in.” (Armando Salguero)
- According to ESPN’s Field Yates, the Patriots’ restructure for CB Stephon Gilmore included a $2.5 million raise to his base salary, $2 million in per-game roster bonuses and a $2 million incentive for winning defensive player of the year again in 2020.
- New England took that money from 2021, lowering Gilmore’s base salary from $11.5 million to $7 million next year.
- NJ.com’s Mike Kaye lists the Patriots as a team that could be interested in trading for TE Zach Ertz if the Eagles decide to move him this year or in the offseason. Kaye expects Philadelphia to ask for a second-round pick.
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler notes Patriots QB Cam Newton could make a legitimate push for an in-season extension if he continues his strong play. However, he also notes New England has a history of not paying huge sums to quarterbacks, even Tom Brady.
- Patriots OC Josh McDaniels suggested giving Newton 15 rush attempts would not be a weekly staple in the gameplan: “The goal is not to put anybody in harm’s way. … Obviously we have to be smart about what we’re doing.” (Ben Volin)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!