- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Broncos CB A.J. Bouye will not need surgery after dislocating his shoulder and should be able to rehab and return.
- Denver is still expected to place Bouye on injured reserve which will keep him out at least three weeks.
- Broncos HC Vic Fangio confirmed Bouye would go to injured reserve, while Broncos RB Phillip Lindsay (turf toe) is still day-to-day. (Troy Renck)
- Fangio said the Broncos have a lot of confidence in RB Royce Freeman if Lindsay can’t go: “We are confident in Royce. He’s a quality running back. We are fine with Royce.” (Renck)
- Broncos OLB Bradley Chubb said his “knee felt good (Monday night) and it feels good now.” Chubb played about 73 percent of the snaps after some talk he’d be on a pitch count coming off an ACL injury. (Mike Klis)
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Chiefs DT Khalen Saunders is expected to miss around a month after dislocating his elbow in last Thursday’s game. He won’t need surgery and avoided any fractures.
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Raiders RT Trent Brown‘s calf injury that caused him to leave Sunday’s game is not considered serious and there’s some optimism he’ll be available in Week 2 to play the Saints.
- Per the Athletic’s Vic Tafur, Raiders GM Mike Mayock reveals they knew QB Marcus Mariota would need to have some work done. But his current injury that has him on injured reserve is new: “When we signed him, part of the conversation was he had to have some offseason surgery on his ankle and get himself right medically.”
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden praised first-round WR Henry Ruggs for coming back in and playing through an injury in Week 1’s win against the Panthers. Ruggs had three catches for 55 yards and two carries for 11 yards before getting dinged up: “I like the fact that he came back and played through something. That’s what the great ones do. They play through pain, they play through difficult situations. He did that.” (Jerry McDonald)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!