- Per KUSA’s Mike Klis, Broncos rookie CB Essang Bassey is believed to have suffered a torn ACL and is out for the season.
- Broncos HC Vic Fangio said they haven’t discussed taking more of a look at QB Brett Rypien down the stretch in 2020. (Klis)
- Per Jeff Miller of the Los Angeles Times, Chargers HC Anthony Lynn said he started Storm Norton over Trey Pipkins at left tackle because he wanted to see what Norton had to offer: “First of all, he had a really good training camp, and he had a couple plays in the Saints game and did a good job. He’s been practicing well. I wanted to see Storm play…I’ve had a good look at Trey. So I wanted to get a good look at Storm.”
- Lynn added that he is considering taking over the special teams unit so there’s one voice: “I’ve been there. Done that before. I actually enjoyed it, but there’s so many other things on my plate as a head coach that’s going to be hard to do.” (Gilbert Manzano)
- Lynn said kicker J.J. Molson is on the team for insurance purposes, but they might look to him if Michael Badgley continues to miss kicks. (Gilbert Manzano)
- Regarding the disappointing season, Lynn said: “Yeah, I’m having a down year … I’m the guy to get this back on the right track.” (Gilbert Manzano)
- Chiefs first-round RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire was active Sunday night but did not play a single snap. Chiefs HC Andy Reid said Edwards-Helaire lost a lot of weight due to the illness he battled this week and he was available only in case of emergency, per the Athletic’s Nate Taylor.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!