- Mike Klis of 9news.com says that QB Brett Rypien is still going to be listed as the No. 2 quarterback for the Broncos despite the fact that they signed free agent QB Blake Bortles.
- OUT for Week 3: CB Davontae Harris (hamstring), QB Drew Lock (right shoulder)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 3: RB Phillip Lindsay (foot)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 3: WR Jerry Jeudy (ribs)
- Gilbert Manzano of OCRegister.com says that second-year DT Jerry Tillery is having a strong season which is helping to improve a Chargers’ defensive line led by DE Joey Bosa and DT Linval Joseph.
- Chargers HC Anthony Lynn said Friday that DE Melvin Ingram is dealing with some soreness in his knee that got worse. (Daniel Popper)
- OUT for Week 3: LB Asmar Bilal (calf), DT Justin Jones (shoulder), QB Tyrod Taylor (ribs, chest)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 3: DE Melvin Ingram (knee), RB Justin Jackson (quadricep), LB Nick Vigil (groin)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 3: T Bryan Bulaga (knee), S Rayshawn Jenkins (groin), G Trai Turner (groin)
The Patriots gave up a second-round pick last year for WR Mohamed Sanu, but it clearly wasn’t the kind of fit both parties anticipated.
“I felt like it just wasn’t a good fit,” Sanu said, via Chris Biderman of the Sacramento Bee. “Things happened the way they happened, and I’m not really looking to the past. I’m grateful for my time in New England. It taught me a lot, just didn’t jell out how I wanted it to.”
- OUT for Week 3: C David Andrews (hand), LB Josh Uche (ankle), RB James White (not injury related)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 3: DT Adam Butler (shoulder), S Kyle Dugger (foot), WR Julian Edelman (knee), WR N’Keal Harry (ankle), T Isaiah Wynn (calf)