Broncos HC Vic Fangio said after Thursday’s game that Brett Rypien‘s performance was “up and down” overall.
“It was up and down, obviously,” Fangio said of Rypien’s performance. “I thought there were some good things, and we hit some big plays, which is always important. But then throwing three interceptions, you’re not going to win many times in this league. But we found a way to win tonight in spite of that, which I think is a reflection of the fight we have in this team and with these players.”
- Fangio said Friday that QB Drew Lock is “50-50” to play against the Patriots, but Rypien will start against if Lock can’t go. (Ryan O’Halloran)
- According to Fangio, the plan is to carry four quarterbacks until Lock is healthy. (Mike Klis)
- Regarding Broncos TE Noah Fant, who was carted off Thursday night with an ankle injury, Adam Schefter reports: “All good. Minor. He will be fine.”
- Fangio said Fant doesn’t have a season-ending ankle injury, but “there’s a chance he will miss some time.” (Troy Renck)
- Fangio added that you’re still doing an evaluation of Fant and WR K.J. Hamler: “Will have a more definitive answer when come back on Tuesday. It’s iffy if they will be able to play. Could be a couple of weeks for both of them.” (Troy Renck)
- Manish Mehta of NY Daily News reports that the Falcons ruined a potential trade between the Broncos and the Jets on draft day when they selected OL Matt Hennessy.
- The Broncos were planning on having Hennessy take over for C Connor McGovern but ended up with C Lloyd Cushenberry instead, while the Jets were planning on trading down to add additional picks but ended up drafting DE Jabari Zuniga.
- Chargers HC Anthony Lynn said rookie QB Justin Herbert did some “grown-up things” last week such as recognizing coverages and making checks pre-snap. (Daniel Popper)
- Lynn said Ryan Groy will likely play at right guard for Trai Turner. (Gilbert Manzano)
- Lynn added that he’s been pleased with Trey Pipkins playing right tackle for Bryan Bulaga.
- As for their No. 3 WR role on Sunday, Lynn mentioned that it’s between K.J. Hill and Jason Moore: “K.J. and Jason, they’ll both split those reps.” (Gilbert Manzano)
- OUT for Week 4: T Bryan Bulaga (back), QB Tyrod Taylor (ribs, chest), G Trai Turner (groin), WR Mike Williams (hamstring)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 4: S Rayshawn Jenkins (groin), T Storm Norton (knee), T Tyree St. Louis (concussion), LB Nick Vigil (groin)
- Tom Peliserro reports that the NFL and NFLPA have been in discussions about the Raiders’ charity incident, but any discipline would have to come from the team.
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden told reporters on Friday that, barring any setbacks, LB Nick Kwiatkoski has a good chance to play on Sunday. (Vincent Bonsignore)
- Gruden is hopeful Sam Young will be their starting right tackle on Sunday. (Vincent Bonsignore)
- Regarding RT Trent Brown, Gruden said: “Getting closer. Getting closer. Getting closer. That’s all I can say. Can’t wait to see the big man come out and play right tackle for us.” (Paul Gutierrez)
- OUT for Week 4: CB Damon Arnette (wrist, thumb), WR Bryan Edwards (foot, ankle), DT Daniel Ross (foot)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 4: T Trenton Brown (calf), WR Rico Gafford (hamstring), WR Henry Ruggs (knee, hamstring)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 4: S Johnathan Abram (shoulder, thumb), LB Nick Kwiatkoski (pectoral)