- NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero says Browns DE Myles Garrett has been released from the hospital. He adds the cause of the crash was Garrett swerving to avoid an animal on a wet road.
Ravens RB J.K. Dobbins returned to game action for the first time in 20 months on Sunday. Dobbins told reporters that he was “blessed to be back out there” after the serious knee injury he suffered last year.
“It felt great. [I’m] blessed to be back out there. I’m the type of guy that – yes, I got back out there, I’m blessed, [and] I’m happy about that, but now it’s time for me to try to do what I do. And that’s run for 100 yards and stuff like that,” Dobbins said, via RavensWire.com.
- The Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec notes the Ravens are concerned DT Michael Pierce suffered a significant injury. He adds some potential free agent options who could help right now are former Ravens DT Brandon Williams and veteran DT Ndamukong Suh.
- However, Zrebiec adds it’s not clear what kind of shape Williams is in or if he’d be willing to play for a minimum-type deal. Asking price could be an issue with Suh as well.
- Former Broncos, Packers and Cardinals OL Zack Johnson worked out for the Ravens on Tuesday. Baltimore ended up signing him to the practice squad. (Aaron Wilson)
- Steelers HC Mike Tomlin hasn’t indicated that he plans to make a change at quarterback for the Steelers. (Mike Garafolo)
- Tomlin on if he saw improvements from QB Mitch Trubisky: “In all areas. His decision making. Where he’s going with the ball. The time in which he makes decisions. The prudent use of mobility, whether it’s by schematics, or by ad lib…” (Mike DeFabo)
- Tomlin on moving DT Montravius Adams to No. 1 on the depth chart ahead of veteran DT Tyson Alualu: “He’s been playing better than Tyson.” (Gerry Dulac)
- Tomlin said CB Ahkello Witherspoon will be limited with a hamstring injury, S Minkah Fitzpatrick is in the concussion protocol, G Kevin Dotson has an ankle injury, and P Pressley Harvin has a hip injury that is day-to-day. (Ray Fittipaldo)