“Those guys worked really hard with QB in the offseason and as we’ve gotten on the field that’s showed up. We’ve invested a lot of time together and that’s been very important,” said O’Shea, via Scott Petrak.
- According to Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot, the Browns were engaged in serious trade talks with the Jaguars at one point for DE Yannick Ngakoue but weren’t able to get a deal done.
- Cabot notes Ngakoue really wanted to play for the Browns and it’s possible he would have taken even less than the pay cut he took to enable the trade to the Vikings.
- However, Cabot says Ngakoue’s agent change complicated negotiations and once the deadline for an extension passed, it was a tougher sell for Cleveland to give up a second-round pick without being sure of signing Ngakoue long-term.
- At that point, the Browns also made the decision to restructure DE Olivier Vernon‘s deal, which didn’t rule out adding another premium pass rusher but made it less likely, per Cabot.
- Browns’ veteran LB Malcolm Smith said he is trying to “impart my wisdom” on the younger players in their locker room: “It’s a cool opportunity, trying to impart my wisdom on the guys in the room, take what I can from that and build every day. It’s not fair for me to keep some of the knowledge that I have.” (Nate Ulrich)
“Earl is a Hall of Famer, no doubt. So, of course, I respect Earl and his game,” Elliott said, via Ryan Mink of BaltimoreRavens.com. “But I’m not worried about Earl; I’m worried about me and what I can bring to this team for my teammates. I know I’m going to make my plays, [and] I know we’re going to strive to be great. So, whatever I have to do to do that, that’s what’s going to happen. Whether it’s eight picks, 10 picks or no picks, whatever I need to do to help my team be great and win every game we need to win to accomplish our end goal, that’s all I care about.”
- Ravens’ HC Jim Harbaugh said he expects G D.J. Fluker, CB Marcus Peters, and DB Anthony Averett to be back practicing next week and added that the team currently has no long-term injuries. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- The Steelers worked out K Sergio Castillo and P Richie Leone on Sunday.
- Steelers signed WR DeAndre Thompkins. (NFLTR)
- Steelers waived CB Alexander Myres.
- Steelers waived TE Dax Raymond from injured reserve with a settlement. (NFLTR)