Former Browns GM Sashi Brown tells the Akron Beacon Journal that he’s hoping the team has more conviction and is better aligned this time around under Paul DePodesta, HC Kevin Stefanski and whoever they hire as GM.
“I hope they get the time to do it and that there’s true alignment throughout the building and some conviction and what I would say the organizational faith that maybe hasn’t been there across some of the rash of change that’s been spinning around here for the better part of the last decade,” Brown said.
Brown did say he would trust DePodesta to run an NFL franchise.
“I talk to a number of folks around the league, including Paul,” Brown said. “Paul’s extremely talented, he’s really bright. I would trust a lot of things to him, certainly an NFL franchise would be one.”
- Rocky River Police Department confirmed to Nate Ulrich that Browns RB Kareem Hunt was pulled over for traffic stop Tuesday afternoon and small amounts of marijuana found in three different locations during the search of the vehicle.
- Hunt was cited for a traffic violation, but he did not receive a drug charge.
- The Browns met with former Giants HC Ben McAdoo on Friday. (Jake Trotter)
- Mary Kay Cabot reports that the Browns are hiring Vikings WRs coach Drew Petzing, who is expected to be their new TEs coach.
Laremy Tunsil was asked about the possibility of signing an extension with the Texans.
“I’m cool with it,” Tunsil said of a potential extension, via NFL.com. “Whatever coach decides to do, I’m happy. I’d be happy to stay there with Deshaun (Watson) and help win games.”
- Adam Caplan reports that the expectation in the coaching community is that Titans OLBs coach Shane Bowen takes over for Dean Pees as Tennessee’s defensive coordinator.