The Colts elected to re-sign G Jack Mewhort this offseason, despite the fact that he’s missed 17 of the 32 games due to injury.
Mewhort mentioned that it was “an unreal feeling” for the team to show him support, despite his injury issues.
“I do believe that I’m going to be able to be out there and be playing at a high level,” Mewhort said, via Colts.com. “I’m getting stronger every day. I’m feeling better every day. I’ve been moving around on the field, and I’m feeling good. At this point in my career, obviously I’m dinged up, and like you guys said, I’ve had to deal with some stuff. But for all that being said, I feel pretty darn good, and like I said, having the Colts show faith like this is making me feel even better.”
- Mike Kaye of First Coast News expects Jaguars first-round DL Taven Bryan to play multiple positions during his rookie season, but it’s likely he’ll be asked to play three-technique and strong-side end this year.
- Kaye believes QB Cody Kessler is “starting to find his rhythm within the Jaguars’ offense” and put together a “pretty strong conclusion” to the team’s offseason program.
- Kaye adds that Kessler was significantly more impressive than sixth-round rookie Tanner Lee during offseason workouts.
- Ralph Vacchiano of SNY.com writes that Jets are convinced they have a star in the making and that it’s only a matter of time before first-round QB Sam Darnold supplants Josh McCown.
- Vacchiano adds that the Jets are “very open” to giving Darnold at least a shot at becoming the Opening Day starter this summer.