- Colts LB Bobby Okereke on the team’s new defensive scheme: “I think it’s just an exciting opportunity for everybody. Having (LB coach) Richard Smith in the room is almost like having two defensive coordinators.” (George Bremer)
- Colts OL Matt Pryor said the Colts took him out of “a bad situation and took a shot on me.” He is now trying to find his place in Indianapolis at left tackle or right guard. (Bremer)
When describing his playing style, Jaguars’ fifth-round RB Snoop Conner called himself a one-cut running back.
“My main game is probably as a one-cut running back and try to run north and south,” Conner said, via JaguarsWire. “I ain’t no guy that’s going to try to dance around you. I’m trying to score touchdowns, ain’t trying to dance.”
- Former Jaguars K Josh Lambo has filed a lawsuit against the Jacksonville Jaguars seeking his $3.5 million salary for 2021, plus damages for emotional distress under former HC Urban Meyer. (Rick Stroud)
- Lambo’s lawsuit indicates that his performance suffered as a result of being kicked and verbally abused by Meyer and claims that the former coach created a hostile work environment.
- Lambo claims that his release from the Jaguars violated Florida’s Private Sector Whistle Blower’s Act given he reported the incident to the organization’s legal counsel.
- The lawsuit also states that the incident affected Lambo’s ability to sleep, practice, and perform up to his usual standard through seven NFL seasons.