- Per 1075TheFan.com’s Kevin Bowen, Colts G Quenton Nelson, who was on the injury report this week, said his health is okay: “I feel fine. Ready to go. Just preparing every day, ready to go.”
- Nelson acknowledged he hasn’t reached the elite play this year that he’s put on tape the rest of his career: “There’s been some good. There’s been some bad. I definitely need to be better.” (Bowen)
- Nelson mentioned QB Philip Rivers has “a really bad problem with his foot.” Rivers has had a toe injury the past two weeks that he’s been downplaying. (Joel Erickson)
- Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline says the Jaguars went ahead and pulled the trigger on firing GM Dave Caldwell in order to get a head start on finding a new general manager. The Texans, Falcons and Lions had already fired their GMs and have started their search process.
- Pauline adds just because Jaguars HC Doug Marrone wasn’t fired alongside Caldwell doesn’t mean he won’t be fired at the end of the season.
When the trade deadline came and went with Texans WR Will Fuller remaining in Houston, QB Deshaun Watson made sure to publicly say “it would have been hell” had the team pulled the trigger on a deal. Making sure Fuller comes back on a new contract remains one of Watson’s top priorities and something he appears to be making a point to say publicly and privately.
“That’s very important,” Watson said via ESPN’s Sarah Barshop. “That’s definitely one guy that I’m going to be working on this last month and offseason, for sure.”
Watson said Fuller’s six-game suspension for PED use, which will knock him out the rest of this season and one game next year, isn’t a negative factor.
“Will knows that we all love him,” Watson said. “He always do the right thing and then one slip-up just got popped. But we always going to have his back. Will’s my brother. The whole organization knows that too. And you know, make sure that we get him back for next year, especially in this organization.”
- Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline writes that he’s heard one of the reasons Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy was passed over for a head coaching job this offseason is because he didn’t interview well.
- Pauline adds this has happened with other coaches, including Dolphins HC Brian Flores who was passed over by the Cardinals in 2018 for Steve Wilks.
- Pauline thinks the two most likely landing spots for Bieniemy this coaching cycle are either the Falcons or Texans.
- Per Jim Wyatt of the team website, Titans HC Mike Vrabel said CB Adoree’ Jackson hasn’t suffered any setbacks in his rehab and is just working his way back: “He has good days and he has bad days.”
- Paul Kuharsky writes that Titans WR Corey Davis playing so well this season is great for him in a contract year after his fifth-year option was declined, not so great for Tennessee’s hopes of keeping him.
- We have him included in our Top 50 – 2021 Free Agents list.