- Colts HC Frank Reich is not concerned with the “outside perception” that they need to improve at receiver and sees “a lot of upside” in their current players: “I understand the outside perception… but I see a lot of upside with those players and I’m looking forward to seeing those guys develop…. And there’s nobody better than Chris (Ballard).” (Stephen Holder)
- At tight end, Reich said it is Mo Alie-Cox and Kylen Granson‘s opportunity to earn the first-team job, while they could also still add to the position: “This is going to be an opportunity for Mo to step up, for Kylen Granson to step up. … and then we’ll see who we add.” (Joel Erickson)
- As for free-agent WR T.Y. Hilton, Reich said they will see how things progress this offseason: “[We’ll] see how things play out with T.Y.” (Kevin Bowen)
- Colts CB Stephon Gilmore‘s two-year, $20 million deal includes a $4 million signing bonus. He’ll earn a base salary of $5.51 million (guaranteed) in 2022 with $30,000 per-game roster bonuses, to go along with a $7.96 million salary in 2023, a $1 million roster bonus, and $60,000 per-game roster bonuses. (Joel Erickson)
- NBC Sports’ Thor Nystrom, citing a source, reports Michigan DE Aidan Hutchinson expects to be drafted by the Jaguars at No. 1 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft.
- The Jaguars hosted Wyoming LB Chad Muma for a pre-draft visit. (Kyle Newman)
Titans S Kevin Byard says they’re striving to be the best defensive unit in the league this season.
“Coming off of 2020, the goal was to try to find an identity, find out who we are as a team,” Byard said, via Ben Arthur of the Tennessean. “And I think as  went along, we started playing better and better and better and we got dominant toward the end of the year. So I think it’s all about taking that from last year and carrying it onto this year and try to be the top defense in the NFL.”
- Per Outkick’s Armando Salguero, 49ers WR Deebo Samuel had a phone call with Titans WR A.J. Brown that was overheard during an Instagram Live his stepmom was having. Samuel said regarding Brown: “They told him they offered him $20 million, but they know he can get more. But they’re not giving him more.”
- Titans GM Jon Robinson said he’s been speaking to Brown’s representation regarding a contract extension. (Terry McCormick)
- Robinson said he isn’t considering training Brown ahead of the 2022 NFL Draft: “Do not foresee that happening.” (Jonathan Jones)
- As for Ryan Tannehill missing the voluntary portion of minicamp, Titans HC Mike Vrabel said he’s had conversations with Tannehill and expects him to be at camp “pretty shortly.” (Cameron Wolfe)
- When asked about his son, Boston College OL Tyler Vrabel, the Titans head coach responded that he doesn’t think it’d be wise to acquire him but is excited about his son’s future in the NFL: “I don’t think that’s good for anybody.” (Paul Kuharsky)