- A report mentioned earlier in the day that Patriots OC Josh McDaniels is the “clear favorite” for the Colts’ head coach job. (NFLTR)
- Mike Florio reports that McDaniels is fascinated with the prospect of coaching Andrew Luck and believes he can mentally match Tom Brady and physically exceed him.
- Even so, Florio wonders if McDaniels would choose Luck over Marcus Mariota if the Titans’ job were to be available.
- A defensive coordinator target for McDaniels is likely to be Cowboys LBs coach Matt Eberflus, according to Ian Rapoport. Rapoport adds that Eberflus’ contract has expired, which means he’s currently a free agent.
- Ian Rapoport report that the Patriots are planning to have Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft all sit down after the season to clear the air and put the tension that they’ve dealt with this season to rest.
- Rapoport confirms that the Jimmy Garoppolo trade and Brady’s trainer Alex Guerro are two of the specific issues that have led to some of the tension within the Patriots.
- Even so, Rapoport says that Belichick and Brady are both expected to remain in New England for the foreseeable future, even though there was some recent speculation about whether their time together could be coming to an end.
- According to Ben Volin, the Patriots blocked executives Nick Caserio and Monti Ossenfort from interviewing for the Texans’ GM position during the playoffs.
- Houston could have waited to interview them after the Patriots’ season was over.
- However, the Texans are one of the team’s coaching the Senior Bowl next week and Volin says it was “imperative” that they have a GM in place by then.
- Ultimately, the Texans hired Brian Gaine as their new GM and signed him to a five-year contract. (NFLTR)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!