Colts’ HC Frank Reich is preparing to play without C Ryan Kelly, who tweaked his knee during practice.
“The guys – they know he’s our leader up there,” Reich said, via George Bremer of The Herald Bulletin.“He’s our leader as far as communication, as far as getting us all on the same page. He’s proven it time and time again. He’s had to battle some injuries, and he’s done a great job of that. So if he’s ready to go – even if it’s only on one-day’s work – we feel confident he’ll play very well if he’s in there.”
If Kelly can’t play, rookie OL Danny Pinter will make his first career start. Reich says that Pinter has shown positive traits for playing center in the NFL since day one.
“We always thought that was going to be his natural position even watching his college tape, watching him move and getting to know him as a person,” Reich said. “He has the aptitude for that position. So he’s gotten a lot of good work. From Day 1 here, he started taking center reps and obviously had good work this week. So we have a lot of confidence in Danny. Mentally he is ready, and physically he’ll be up to the task if he has to play.”
Reich is excited to have LB Darius Leonard back in the lineup and is expecting to get DE Kemoko Turay and rookie WR Michael Pittman back as soon as possible. Pittman practiced all three days this week and the Colts are now deciding whether or not to bring Pittman back from injured reserve.
“Michael made good progress. I was happy with the progress that he made,” Reich said, via Kevin Bowen of 107.5 The Fan. “I felt like he got a little bit better every day. I thought he looked solid (Friday).”
- Doug Kyed is under the impression that the Patriots might as well move on from star CB Stephon Gilmore at this point. With Gilmore being due just $7 million, Kyed says he will either want an extension or be traded prior to the deadline.
- Kyed also says that he can’t get over the fact that Gilmore’s house is listed for sale and that any and all offers must be turned in prior to November 3rd at 5 pm. The NFL trade deadline is just one hour prior to this at 4 pm.
- Additionally, Kyed thinks that the Patriots should be hunting for a wide receiver prior to the deadline, as there are plenty of trade candidates out there at the position, including Jamison Crowder, John Ross, Auden Tate, Keke Coutee, Will Fuller, Keelan Cole, Mike Williams, Michael Gallup, Golden Tate, Allen Robinson, Marvin Jones, Adam Thielen, and Curtis Samuel.
- Regarding the Titans’ inconsistent pass rushing, Jim Wyatt of the team’s official site writes that DE Jadeveon Clowney and LBs Vic Beasley and Harold Landry must start making an impact, especially with a favorable matchup against the Bengals in Week 8.
- Wyatt could see Titans OLB Derick Roberson getting more playing time as well.
- Although Wyatt does not rule out Titans GM Jon Robinson making a trade ahead of the deadline, he writes that he’s unsure if Tennessee is pursuing any deals at this time.
- Titans placed CB Kristian Fulton on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Titans promoted CB Kareem Orr, RB D’Onta Foreman and DB Breon Borders to their active roster.