Dolphins OC Chad O’Shea praised veteran QB Ryan Fitzpatrick‘s leadership and ability to persevere through “tough times.”
“The biggest thing about ‘Fitz’ is I think he really handled himself through some tough times there during the game like a real professional,” O’Shea said, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. “He’s got great mental toughness, great leadership, didn’t waver any in tough times, and that’s one of his traits that’s very awesome.”
- According to ESPN’s Cameron Wolfe, Dolphins WR Albert Wilson missed practice after re-injuring his calf Sunday and playing only six snaps.
- CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora writes that there’s not much left on the Dolphins roster in terms of players who both would demand a trade and draw interest from other teams.
- La Canfora adds the Dolphins would love to trade S Reshad Jones, but haven’t found any takers and likely would have to eat some of his salary in a deal.
- The Dolphins were one of multiple teams to put in a claim on former Bengals DE Jordan Willis, who ended up with the Jets. (Field Yates)
- ESPN’s Rich Cimini mentions that Jets WR Robby Anderson could be traded during the season if his play doesn’t improve.
- Anderson is set to be an unrestricted free agent after the season and HC Adam Gase, who showed he wasn’t afraid to ship out prominent players in Miami, was critical of his play Sunday.
- New Jets WR Demaryius Thomas passed his physical following the trade from the Patriots and is expected to play Monday night against the Browns. (Manish Mehta)
- Thomas replaces Jets WR Quincy Enunwa, who will miss the remainder of the season due to a neck injury for the second straight year. Gase said Enunwa is still undergoing tests and it’s too early to say if the injury is career-threatening: “I don’t want to say that, because I don’t know.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Gase was optimistic Jets LB C.J. Mosley and DT Quinnen Williams would be able to play Monday night after both left Sunday’s game with injuries. (Cimini)
- The Jets sent QB Sam Darnold, who is dealing with a contagious illness, home from practice Wednesday. (Vacchiano)
- According to the Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec, Ravens CB Jimmy Smith should be able to return from his MCL sprain around Week 4 or Week 5.
- Zrebiec notes Ravens first-round WR Marquise Brown played only 14 snaps as the team works him back from a Lisfranc injury.