- Jason La Canfora expects the Dolphins to hire Patriots DC Brian Flores or Cowboys defensive coach Kris Richard, barring the team working out a trade with the Ravens for HC John Harbaugh.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk says there’s a “lingering belief” that Dolphins owner Stephen Ross will eventually “throw his hands in the air and give Baltimore whatever it wants” for HC John Harbaugh.
- Florio adds that some have suggested it could require two first-round picks to trade for Harbaugh.
- DE Leonard Williams
- LB Darron Lee
- OLB Jordan Jenkins
- TE Jordan Leggett
- RB Isaiah Crowell
- DE Nathan Shepherd
- QB Davis Webb
- Rich Cimini reports that Jets TE Chris Herndon pleaded guilty on Wednesday to a DWI in Rockaway Township, New Jersey. Herndon likely faces a suspension from the NFL and has bee sentenced to 90-day loss of license.
Titans GM Jon Robinson says he’s confident Marcus Mariota won’t have any trouble learning another system after they lost Matt LaFleur to the Packers.
“It is always challenging when you are talking about new terminology, and concepts. I kind of liken it to learning a foreign language, and he is on his fifth language now,” Robinson said, via TitansOnline.com. “But we’ll do our best to try and help the team and keep a lot of that the same. We’ll talk to coach [Mike] Vrabel and we’re still just going through that process now about the direction that we’re going to go.
“But it is always difficult with any player when there is change because you have to learn new things. One thing was called ‘this’ with this coach, and now this is called ‘that.’ . . .
“Marcus is a smart guy. We’ll work at it. Whatever we ask of him from a studying and learning and terminology standpoint, I am confident that he’ll definitely put the time in to try and be his best.”
- The Titans announced Wednesday that they’ve hired Frank Piraino as their new strength and conditioning coach.