A source tells Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald that the Dolphins have not yet presented free agent WR Jarvis Landry with another offer after his representation made a counter-offer back in December.
Jackson’s sense regarding Landry is that the “most likely scenario” is that he’ll test the open market, due to the sizeable gap between the two parties right now.
- Jackson writes that the Dolphins are in the market for a No 4 defensive end and developmental prospect to challenge Cameron Malveaux.
- Jackson says that the Dolphins interviewed Miami TE Chris Herndon at the Senior Bowl this week and spent time with Indiana TE Ian Thomas and South Dakota State TE Dallas Goedert.
- According to Jackson, it’s possible the Dolphins could sign a free agent tight end and then grab one in the draft.
- Another draft prospect the Dolphins are reportedly doing “considerable due diligence” on is Miami WR Braxton Berrios.
Patriots CB Malcolm Butler admitted that the thought has crossed his mind that he could be playing his final game in New England when they take on the Eagles in Super Bowl LII.
“Yeah, it crossed my mind,” Butler said, via the Boston Herald. “But you know what, man, the only thing that matters is doing whatever I can to help the team win this last game of the season. This is the biggest game of the season. I’ve got to put all (the contract ramifications) in the drawer. That’s not important right now. Over the years, I learned that it isn’t always about you. It’s about the team. Whatever is best for the team, I’ve got to do. (The contract) is not even important right now. I just want to win this championship. Just got to win, man.”
We have him featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
“He says he wants to play out his contract so we’ll see,” Pouncey said of Rothlisberger, per Jeremy Fowler.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers announced Friday that they’ve hired Darryl Drake as their new wide receivers coach, placing Richard Mann, who recently retired.