- Jaguars HC Urban Meyer said the team is fighting to find some confidence: “Is there a confidence issue? Any time you’re not successful, that’s something we’ve got to fight through. Confidence is a result of success, and right now we’re struggling with that…” (John Oehser)
- Meyer added RB James Robinson‘s knee injury limited his playing time: “He is fighting [a heel/knee] injury. If someone is not producing and you sit him down, that’s a whole different conversation. This is really injury based…” (Oehser)
- Meyer believes in order to turn things around the team has to start looking into where they can improve right now: “When you lose it plays with your mind. You start searching for what’s the answers, what can you do better, what can we do better, and I think that’s where my mindset is right now. What can we do better?” (Oehser)
- On Robinson getting carries at the end of the game despite injuries, Meyer wasn’t sure why that happened and said RB coach Bernie Parmalee is in charge of rotations. (Michael DiRocco)
- Texans HC David Culley said he will consider playing third-round QB Davis Mills over QB Tyrod Taylor: “When you don’t score any points during a game, you evaluate everything.” (Sarah Barshop)
- Culley mentioned Taylor was benched largely due to injury: “He probably could have came back into the game if we needed him to, but I don’t know how effective he would have been in throwing the football.” (Barshop)
- Culley will decide on who is starting later this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- Culley said GM Nick Caserio wasn’t included in the decision to bench Taylor. (Aaron Reiss)
- Texans CB Tremon Smith is excited to have re-signed with the Texans: “It feels good. I was focused on the games coming up. I was talking to my agent, but I was focused on the games coming up next week.” (Wilson)
- Smith is also proud of being Caserio’s first in-season extension: “It feels good. I like what we preach here. I think once we do turn it around we’ll be winning a lot instead of losing. We’re trusting the process and working hard. That’s what it starts with.” (Wilson)
- Texans CB Tavierre Thomas is confident things will turn around in Houston: “Just want to turn this around and just win, I just want to win. The locker room got to stay together. Everybody got to continue doing their job and it will turn around. It happened with me in Cleveland.” (Wilson)
- Texans G Lane Taylor said his arthroscopic knee surgery delayed his return: “It was very unexpected, had to take care of it.” (Wilson)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!