- Shortly after news broke that the Dolphins are trading WR Jarvis Landry to the Browns for two undisclosed draft picks (NFLTR), Adam Schefter reported that Cleveland is already working on a new contract for Landry that’s expected to get done.
- However, Barry Jackson says that the Browns don’t have a long-term deal with Landry right now and haven’t seriously talked numbers yet. Even so, the two parties are reportedly interested in doing so.
- According to Jackson, Landry likes the situation in Cleveland and is excited about working with OC Todd Haley.
- As for the Dolphins, Jackson mentions that Miami felt “great urgency” to purge him from their cap as soon as possible.
- Jackson also reports that the Ravens showed considerable interest in a trade for Landry this week, but the Dolphins didn’t want to wait longer to get a deal done.
“Of course I’d love to come back. Don’t make it sound like I’m ready to get out of there because I’m not,” Jones said, via Bengals.com. “I’m very thankful to everyone there, Coach Lewis and Mr. (Mike) Brown. Of course, you know me. I’d love the chance to get on the field and compete every play, every down. Obviously I’ve got some things to sit down and think about the next couple of days with my family.”
Bengals HC Marvin Lewis told Jones that they planned to “crunch some numbers” in the coming days and see where things stand at that point.
- Jim Owczarski of the Enquirer takes a look at some potential cap casualties for the Bengals this offseason including WR Brandon LaFell and DE Michael Johnson.
- Sal Capaccio reports that the representatives for free agent LB Preston Brown and the Bills have remained in “constant communication.“
- However, sources have told Capaccio that so far there’s nothing new to report regarding progress (or lack of) towards a new contract for Brown.
- Jeff Zrebiec reports that the Ravens have spoken to TE-turned-OL Crockett Gillmore about returning for the 2018 season. Zrebiec says that Baltimore would have to be comfortable with where Gillmore’s act physically in order to re-sign him.
- According to Zrebiec, the Ravens are also interested in re-signing WR/KR Michael Campanaro.
- Albert Breer writes that Ravens free agent C Ryan Jensen has a chance of beating the record $10.34 million average salary being paid to Jaguars C Brandon Linder this offseason.