Ravens S Eric Weddle stands to make $1 million if the team makes the playoffs on Sunday. However, Weddle says the money isn’t a big concern for him.
“I would trade one million bucks for a chance at the playoffs any second,” Weddle said, via ESPN.com. “That’s just where I’m at. It’s not that I don’t appreciate money or how much money it is, but that’s not my incentive to try to go to win.”
- Jeff Zerbeic of The Athletic writes that Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti and HC John Harbaugh have maintained a “strong relationship” and a contract extension is “certainly possible” this offseason.
- Zrebiec mentions that as many as 10 teams could be searching for a new head coach this offseason and Harbaugh would likely be a top candidate for several franchises if he were available.
- Zrebeic says that other teams would likely offer Harbaugh a more “lucrative, long-term” offer that could include more say in player personnel than he has with the Ravens.
- According to Howard Balzer, the Houston Texans brought in four cornerbacks for workouts this week including Johnathan Alston, Michael Hunter, Trevon Mathis and Henre’ Toliver.
- Of this group, the Texans signed Hunter to their practice squad.
- According to Howard Balzer, the Tennessee Titans brought in three free agents for workouts this week including DE Christian LaCouture, DE Kendal Vickers, and DT Dee Liner.