- Alex Marvez reports that Browns HC Hue Jackson has interest in hiring former Bengals OC Ken Zampese for an undisclosed role on his staff.
- The Browns are reportedly finalizing a deal with Packers personnel executive Alonzo Highsmith. (NFLTR)
- Cleveland has requested permission to interview Texans QBs coach Sean Ryan for their offensive coordinator position. (NFLTR)
- Jets CEO Christopher Johnson said Tuesday that there will be no playoff mandate for HC Todd Bowles and GM Mike Maccagnan in 2018. (Manish Mehta)
- According to Maccagnan, they plan to be “very active” in free agency this year. (Connor Hughes)
- As for QB Josh McCown, Maccagnan said: “I still think there’s good football left in Josh… Based on what Josh has done, I’d have no problem bringing him back.” (Rich Cimini)
- Maccagnan said the “book” on QB Christian Hackenberg “is not closed.” (Connor Hughes)
- Jets CB Morris Claiborne, who will be a free agent in the coming months, told reporters on Monday that he would like to return to New York: “Why leave and pick up (and go) somewhere else if you’ve got everything here?“
- Rich Cimini thinks the Jets will have a “moderate level of interest” in re-signing Claiborne.
- Alex Marvez hears that that Rams QBs coach Greg Olson and Bears OL coach Jeremiah Washburn could both join Jon Gruden’s staff with the Raiders if/when he’s hired as their next head coach.
- Gruden confirmed that he’s a candidate for the Raiders’ job, (NFLTR)
- Michael Gehlken reports that the Raiders have begun signing players to futures contracts including DE Fadol Brown, WR Keon Hatcher, G Jordan Simmons and DE Joby Saint Fleur.
- According to Gehlken, S Stefan McClure will sign with the Lions instead of returning to the Raiders.
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said of the front office changes coming to the team: “The big thing for me and the McNairs is alignment philosophically (with new GM).” (John McClain)
- According to O’Brien, there’s a chance QB Deshaun Watson, who is rehabbing from a torn ACL, could be back for OTAs. (John McClain)
- In regards to assistant head coach Romeo Crennel, O’Brien said: “I fully expect him to be back next year.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Texans director of football research Jim Bernhardt has left the team to spend more time with his family. (Mark Berman)
- John McClain reports that Texans WR Will Fuller will undergo minor knee surgery. He’ll be full go in a few weeks.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!