- Colts HC Frank Reich said Friday that QB Andrew Luck (calf) will miss the next three practices: “Continuing to progress with his strength, still a degree of pain that he’s not comfortable with.” (Kevin Bowen)
- Reich added that Luck’s pain is more in the calf than the ankle. (Joel A. Erickson)
- According to Mike Freeman of B/R, some teams around the NFL are “massively skeptical” about Luck’s health and are convinced that backup Jacoby Brissett will start the opener.
Colts HC Frank Reich offered some high praise for QB Chad Kelly and his play during the team’s preseason opener.
“I was happy for Chad, coming home to Buffalo,” Reich said, via BuffaloNews.com. “It was nice that he played well and did some good things that second half. Chad has practiced very well. He and [backup quarterback Phillip Walker] have both practiced well. It was good for Chad to come back after everything he’s been through. He’s been A-plus in every way in the locker room so I was glad he had such a good night.”
- According to Reich, K Adam Vinatieri is “dealing with a little bit of a knee issue” but it’s not a serious concern at this point. (George Bremer)
- Reich also told reporters that G Ian Silberman, who was hospitalized before their preseason game with an abdominal issue, is okay and will be flying home with the team from Buffalo. (Andrew Walker)
- Aaron Wilson reports that Texans wide receiver Keke Coutee injured his ankle and not his knee during Thursday’s preseason game. According to Wilson, Coutee’s ankle injury is not regarded as serious.
- Based on video of the injury, David Chao says Coutee clearly has a high ankle preseason is done for the preseason and could possibly miss regular season games.