- 1070 The Fan’s Kevin Bowen writes that Colts TE Eric Ebron‘s future with the team likely depends on if he can improve his catch percentage in his contract season.
- Bowen expects TE Mo Alie-Cox to play around 20 snaps a game even if Ebron and TE Jack Doyle are both healthy.
- According to the Athletic’s Daniel Popper, Jaguars OT Will Richardson worked at both guard spots during OTA’s, which gives him added value as potential depth.
- Popper adds G Brandon Linder is fully recovered from a 2018 knee injury.
- Popper believes sixth-round QB Gardner Minshew will win the backup quarterback spot.
- Popper notes the Jaguars don’t have a replacement for primary pass-catching back T.J. Yeldon. Jacksonville will either turn to RB Leonard Fournette or RB Benny Cunningham if he makes the roster to fill that role.
- Popper mentions the Jaguars and DE Yannick Ngakoue were far apart in contract talks heading into the summer and hasn’t heard if there have been further negotiations.
With Texans LB Jadeveon Clowney still unsigned on the franchise tag, LB Brennan Scarlett stepped into the starting role during the spring and showed that he’ll be ready if he has to do it again this season.
“Brennan, he has improved a whole lot, especially from last year to this year,” Texans LB Whitney Mercilus said via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. “He’s embraced his role. His pass rush has been on point. His pass coverage has been on point. I’m excited to see exactly what he does this year.”