Colts HC Frank Reich says QB Andrew Luck will have a lot of say as the team works with him to get the passer back in time for the season opener. Luck has continued to sit out training camp after missing OTA’s with what was called a minor calf injury that has since lingered.
“We’ll talk to everybody involved, but ultimately the big piece of the puzzle is, ‘What do you feel? Are you ready to take that next step? And if so, let’s talk about what that would look like and map it out for the next few days,’ ” Reich said via Ben Volin of the Boston Globe.
- According to ESPN’s Michael DiRocco, Jaguars LB Najee Goode appears to be the top candidate to start at outside linebacker following the injury to third-round LB Quincy Williams.
- Jaguars WR Dede Westbrook missed practice with groin soreness. (DiRocco)
- Jaguars released RB Benny Cunningham with an injury settlement. (NFLTR)
- Jaguars waived OL Jordan Agasiva and OL Andrew Lauderdale.
- Jaguars signed OL Ben Ijalana, TE Ethan Wolf and OL Ka’John Armstrong.
- Jaguars placed RB Roc Thomas on injured reserve after clearing waivers.
- Texans QB A.J. McCarron and WR Keke Coutee will not be back soon, per HC Bill O’Brien. (Aaron Wilson)
- McCarron injured his thumb during joint practices with the Packers, while Coutee injured his ankle during the game.
- Texans placed DE Chris Landrum on injured reserve after clearing waivers.