Home Colts AFC South Notes: Colts, Jaguars, Texans, Titans
- Mike Silver reports that the Jaguars’ decision to trade for RB Carlos Hyde on Friday stemmed from “mounting frustration” inside the building — particularly among coaches — about RB Leonard Fournette‘s prolonged absence. Silver says that Jacksonville built their offense around him, but his hamstring issue continues to linger.
- According to Silver Jacksonville initiated trade talks Thursday and Cleveland broached the possibility of acquiring a receiver. However, the Jaguars limited in terms of their depth at the position and weren’t willing to their current receivers.
- Regarding the Hyde trade, Hays Carlyon doesn’t think this is due to Fournette suffering a setback and instead about the team saying: “We will not be burned by a Fournette injury again.“
- According to Carylon, Hyde will not suit up for the Jaguars in Week 7.
- Jaguars HC Doug Marrone said of Fournette’s status: “I don’t know when he’ll be ready. I really don’t.” (Phillip Heilman)
- The Jacksonville Jaguars officially ruled out RB Leonard Fournette (hamstring), CB D.J. Hayden (toe) and TE James O’Shaughnessy (hip) for Week 7’s game and have DL Calais Campbell (hip/ankle), Tre Herndon (hamstring) and Will Richardson (knee) down as questionable.