Regarding the upcoming trade deadline, Colts HC Frank Reich said he discusses possible trade targets with GM Chris Ballard “all the time.”
“I’m in Chris’ office or he is in my office every day talking about everything related to this roster, everything related to where we are heading as a team (and) always thinking about what is the best move for the team,” Reich said, via Kevin Bowen of 1075TheFan. “You consider a lot of things. You look at everything. Chris obviously is running that show. We talk about it all the time. He does a great job of keeping me involved, especially on any relevant conversations that need to be had regarding those things (and) anything that gets serious. So those are discussions that we have all the time.”
- Per 1070TheFan’s Kevin Bowen, Colts HC Frank Reich anticipates WR Devin Funchess returning to practice next week after going on injured reserve earlier this season with a broken clavicle: “We are going to be patient with (Funchess) and the whole timing thing.”
- Per ESPN’s Michael DiRocco, Jaguars HC Doug Marrone said it was doubtful the Jaguars would have LBs Najee Goode (toe), Leon Jacobs (hamstring) and third-round rookie Quincy Williams (hamstring) on Sunday.
- The Jaguars tried out DE Jonathan Bonner, DT P.J. Johnson, DT Brian Price (signed to practice squad), and DT Ray Smith. (Howard Balzer)
- Jaguars designated QB Nick Foles to return from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Jaguars signed DT Brian Price and CB Parry Nickerson to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, Texans HC Bill O’Brien confirmed CB Gareon Conley would play against the Raiders Sunday after being traded by Oakland this week.
- NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo reports it’s no lock that Patriots executive Nick Caserio finishes his deal in New England and immediately takes the Texans general manager position, especially as Houston continues to trade away draft picks.
- Texans promoted WR Steven Mitchell Jr to their active roster.
- Texans signed DT Javier Edwards to their practice squad.