Colts QB Jacoby Brissett confirmed that he negotiated his own contract after signing a two-year, $30 million extension that included $20 million guaranteed.
“Yeah, I do it myself,’’ Brissett said, via Mike Chappell of CBS4 Indy. “I don’t like people to BS on my behalf. I try to say it for myself. . . . all you can be is honest.”
Brissett added that he also represented himself for his rookie contract and understands the negotiation process.
“I did my rookie contract, too, so I kind of had the gist of it,” said Brissett.
- Per ESPN’s Field Yates, Brissett’s new deal includes a $13 million signing bonus. Brissett counts only $8.532 million against Indianapolis’ cap.
- According to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, Texans Will Fuller is healthy and ready to go for Week 1: “I’m ready, I feel real good. We got some good work out there. I felt good out there. I’m excited to get back and play in a game.”
- Texans QB Joe Webb had surgery on his foot Wednesday. (Wilson)
- Texans waived LB B.J. Bello from injured reserve with a settlement. (NFLTR)
Titans RB Derrick Henry tore up opposing defenses during the last month of the season, racking up more than half of his rushing yardage in the season’s final four games. Henry also received 40 percent of his carries for the season in those four games, showing what could happen if Tennessee commits to giving him the ball.
“Derrick is a power back with great speed and really good feet, and I think he has shown glimpses that he can be a full-time guy in this league,” former NFL RB LaDainian Tomlinson said via Jim Wyatt of the official team website. “Now I think they should just let him have it. It’s his show now. There’s nothing wrong with having a guy come in and spell him – a guy playing on third downs. There’s nothing wrong with that. But I think they need to give (Henry) 300 carries if he can handle it.”
- According to Adam Schefter, the Titans also tried out K Cody Parkey before electing to sign K Cairo Santos.