“Our comfort with Joe enabled us to pass on a quarterback,” Elway said via NBC’s Peter King. “What made that decision is, Joe is fitting really well with what we want to do offensively, and he looked great in our minicamp last week. He really put on a throwing exhibition last week in camp. I truly think we’ve got a guy coming into his prime.”
- According to Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, Elway had resolved not to use the No. 10 overall pick on a quarterback after seeing Flacco in workouts.
- However, once the Steelers’ trade offer gave the Broncos extra draft capital, Elway was okay moving up in the second round for Lock.
- According to Eric Williams, Chargers RB Melvin Gordon was not in attendance for voluntary workouts Monday.
- Chargers signed 19 UDFAs. (NFLTR)
- Per B.J. Kissel, Chiefs GM Brett Veach said he tried to trade up for RB Darwin Thompson in the sixth round.
- The Chiefs gave undrafted free agent WR Cody Thompson a $7,500 signing bonus and $50,000 in guaranteed base salary. (Aaron Wilson)
- Chiefs waived C Tejan Koroma.
According to Aaron Wilson, the signing bonuses for the Raiders undrafted free agents include:
- $9,000 for LB Te’Von Coney
- $7,500 for G Lester Cotton
- $10,000 for LB Koa Farmer
- $10,000 for FB Alec Ingold
- $10,000 for OT Andre James
- $5,000 for OL Lukayus McNeil
- $2,500 for OT Tyler Roemer