- The Kansas City Chiefs officially ruled out CB Bryce Callahan (foot) for Week 7’s game and list T Ja’Wuan James (knee) as questionable.
Chargers RB Melvin Gordon believes he needs to get more carries to break out of his slow start to the 2019 season after being activated Week 5.
“There’s no rhythm you can get into with eight carries, I don’t care what running back you are,” Gordon said, via Eric D. Williams of ESPN. “I get stronger down the line.”
Gordon elaborated that he feels only getting eight carries in a game as he did in Week 6 prevents him from getting a feel for the offense.
“With the more carries you get, you run that play and you’re like, ‘Okay, this is how they are playing it.’ So when you run that play again, I know how I’m going to treat it. But when you get eight carries, you’ve seen the same play for the first time every time. There’s no feel to it, and you never get a feel for the game.”
Chargers HC Anthony Lynn said Gordon’s lack of use has to do with the team’s offensive line not being able to open up rushing lanes.
“I don’t think it has anything to do with Melvin Gordon,” Lynn said. “We’ve got to open up more running lanes.”
- Chargers signed TE Stephen Anderson, RB Derrick Gore, and C Cole Toner to their practice squad.
- Chargers released OT Tyree St. Louis from their practice squad.
- Chargers released RB Detrez Newsome from their practice squad with a settlement.
- Although the Chiefs were among the teams interested in acquiring
- Jalen Ramsey
- from the Jaguars, Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports mentions that Kansas City likely wasn’t going to offer multiple first- or second-round picks.
- Beyond that, Jacksonville was not interested in recouping picks likely to be at the bottom of the first round for Ramsey.
- The Kansas City Chiefs officially ruled out T Eric Fisher (groin), CB Kendall Fuller (thumb), DT Chris Jones (groin), WR Sammy Watkins (hamstring), and G Andrew Wylie (ankle) for Week 7’s game and list CB Bashaud Breeland (not injury related) as questionable.
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden told reporters on Wednesday that they are aware of the lawsuit against OT Trent Brown and are looking into it. (Josh Schrock)
- Gruden mentioned that Brown has a calf strain and hopes to have him practice tomorrow. (Josh Schrock)
- According to Gruden, WR Tyrell Williams is dealing with plantar fasciitis and it’s not getting much better. (Vic Tafur)