- Ryan O’Halloran of the Denver Post writes that the Broncos’ main rationale for acquiring CB A.J. Bouye from the Jaguars was to boost their interceptions, given that he’s recorded 14 since 2014.
- O’Halloran notes that Denver had just 10 picks in 2019 to place them as the 25th in the league and their only full-time CB Chris Harris finished with one interception.
- O’Halloran mentions that Bouye does well at tracking deep passes and is successful during trail coverage situations, which makes him an appealing option to line up against Chiefs TE Travis Kelce.
- While there’s nothing happening right now, Mike Klis of 9 News mentions that it’s possible the Broncos could re-sign LS Casey Kreiter in the next week or so.
- New Chargers G Trai Turner says the trade to Los Angeles came as “somewhat of a surprise” but he’s “glad to be somewhere I’m wanted.” (Pro Football Talk)
- Turner added: “I’m embracing everything. Embracing the opportunity to go out west and play for an up and coming team.”
- Vic Tafur of The Athletic mentions several other possibilities for the Raiders this offseason should they miss out on Tom Brady. Free-agent options at quarterback could include Ryan Tannehill, Marcus Mariota and Case Keenum.
- Tafur also mentions that Oklahoma QB Jalen Hurts and Florida International QB James Morgan could be possible choices for Las Vegas in the draft.
- A scenario where the Raiders trade up to draft Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa or Clemson LB Isaiah Simmons is unlikely, according to Tafur, who does not see Simmons lasting past the No. 5 pick.
- Tafur mentions the possibility of the Raiders drafting an inside linebacker such as Oklahoma’s Kenneth Murray or LSU’s Patrick Queen.
- Some speculative free agents to watch for the Raiders, according to Tafur, could include WR Robby Anderson, CB Byron Jones, LB Nick Vigil, LB Danny Trevathan, and CB Chris Harris Jr.
- Tafur also notes that if the Raiders were to sign Anderson, they would be unlikely to draft a receiver in the first round. Although, Tafur says that Anderson’s price may still be too high for the Raiders.
- Despite being unsure if the Raiders prefer Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy or Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb, Tafur believes that Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III‘s comparisons to Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill could intrigue Raiders HC Jon Gruden.
- Raiders TE Foster Moreau tore his ACL in December and should be back by training camp, according to Tafur.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!