“The bottom line is we got three weeks to play and he’s got to make more plays and sometimes taking some chances allows you to make more plays,” Joseph said, via Nicki Jhabvala of The Athletic. “There are going to be turnovers, so he can’t worry about it. You can’t play this game perfectly. I want Case to be more aggressive, especially down the seams over those Cover 3 defenses. That’s where the soft spots are, so he’s got to be aggressive down the seams and not worry about making mistakes.”
- Joseph said that DL Derek Wolfe is in the concussion protocol. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- According to Joseph, rookie WR Courtland Sutton did not practice on Tuesday because of a quad injury, but added that “the goal is to get him ready for Saturday.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Broncos waived S Shamarko Thomas. (NFLTR)
- Broncos promoted S Trey Marshall to their active roster.
- Broncos waived DB Jordan Moore from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Broncos signed WR Shay Fields to their practice squad.
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid said that RB Spencer Ware (hamstring) is day to day and they plan to see how he responds to the injury leading up to Thursday’s game. (Eric Williams)
- Former Redskins GM Scot McCloughan came up as a name to watch for the Raiders’ job, given that he has ties to Jon Gruden and previously interviewed for the Oakland job.
- However, McCloughan tells Michael Gehlken that he isn’t interested in taking a GM job right now: “But from the standpoint of being a GM, right now, no. I’ve been a GM twice. Did I enjoy it? Heck yeah, from the standpoint of doing the roster. But there’s a lot of politics that play into it. I don’t deal with politics. I deal with football teams. Not saying it won’t happen some juncture, but right now, no.”
- Raiders waived RB C.J. Anderson. (NFLTR)
- Raiders signed OL Denver Kirkland off of the Cardinals’ practice squad.
- Raiders signed G Cameron Hunt.
- Raiders placed OL Jon Feliciano on injured reserve.