Broncos GM John Elway said he will consider trading down pending the “compensation,” but is “fine” sitting at No. 10 overall.
“We’ll see. It all depends on who wants to come up and what the compensation is. But I think there’s a certain level. Obviously, we’ll have a lot more information once we get to Thursday to find out where people sit. I’m fine at 10, too,” said Elway, via Ryan O’Halloran of the Denver Post.
Although Elway said he has received calls about their interest in trading picks, compensation on a possible trade has not been discussed.
“[It] happens every year. Whether they want to move or not, they’re going to make some calls. … There’s been no compensation thrown out there as far as, “we’d like to come up to 10 for (this price).’ There’s been no compensation discussed.”
- Ryan O’Halloran says some potential trade candidates for CB Chris Harris include the Bills, Falcons, Giants and Colts.
- All those teams have multiple fourth and/or fifth-round picks.
- According to Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, DE Frank Clark‘s deal with the Chiefs will pay him $10.5 million by the first year, $43.8 million by the second and $62.3 million by the third.
- Clark gets $43.8 million fully guaranteed and another $18.5 million in guarantees that trigger early in the contract. $62.3 million total is guaranteed for injury.
- Clar has a total of $1.195 million in workout bonuses through the first three years.
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, the Raiders are preparing for life without RB Marshawn Lynch.
- Rapoport reports the Raiders are targeting a running back in the NFL Draft, perhaps Alabama RB Josh Jacobs with one of their latter two first-round picks.