Broncos WR Courtland Sutton showed Denver enough as a rookie that the team felt comfortable trading away Demaryius Thomas midseason. But when Emmanuel Sanders went down with an injury as well, Sutton was thrust into the No. 1 receiver role before he was ready and struggled. Now heading into his second year, the Broncos believe Sutton is better equipped to rise to those high expectations.
“The transition period takes a little bit of time, especially coming from a spread system at SMU,” Broncos OC Rich Scangarello said via Ryan O’Halloran of the Denver Post. “You combine a good football IQ, good work ethic and a guy with some talent — the sky’s the limit.”
- 2019: $495,000 in base salary and a $3,118,776 signing bonus.
- 2020: $813,674 guaranteed salary.
- 2021: $1,057,348 salary and a $75,000 workout bonus.
- 2022: $1,351,022 salary and a $100,000 workout bonus.
- 2019: $495,000 base salary, $3,214,388 signing bonus.
- 2020: $819,649 base salary fully guaranteed.
- 2021: $1,069,298 salary; $75,000 workout bonus.
- 2022: $1,368,947 salary; $100,000 workout bonus.
Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill will not be disciplined by the NFL as things stand currently with a potential child abuse case involving his three-year-old son and threatening comments Hill made on tape to this then-fiance. As far as Kansas City goes, Chiefs HC Andy Reid says the team is comfortable welcoming Hill back.
“We’re comfortable with Tyreek coming back here,” Reid said via Pro Football Talk. “We look forward to bringing him back here and having an opportunity to get back doing what he loves to do. He has some obligations he’ll take care of as he goes, and I’m not going to get into all that. . . . We have trust in Tyreek and we’re going to go forward in a positive way here.”
- According to James Palmer, Chiefs TE Travis Kelce is reporting early along with the team’s rookies to training camp.
- Kelce missed minicamp and OTA’s as he recovered from offseason ankle surgery.
- ESPN’s Dan Graziano reports Raiders first-round RB Josh Jacobs got all four years of his deal guaranteed.
- The Athletic’s Vic Tafur projects Raiders QB Nathan Peterman for a slot on the practice squad.
- Tafur says WR Dwayne Harris is a roster lock for his return skills.
- Tafur adds that Raiders C Rodney Hudson is due for a contract extension sometime in the near future. The veteran is entering a contract year.