- Per ESPN’s Adam Teicher, Chiefs HC Andy Reid says RB LeSean McCoy will definitely play on Sunday against the Jaguars, though the extent of his role is yet to be determined: “In some form, I think he will be (ready). These practices will be important.”
- Reid said the team wanted to bring back WR Chris Conley, who signed with the Jaguars in free agency, but ultimately wasn’t able to make it work: “We talked about that. We think he’s a heck of a football player. There’s a lot that goes into that. Brett’s got to manage all that. He’s a great person and a good football player. There’s nothing there that we didn’t like.” (Brooke Pryor)
- The Raiders are reportedly planning to suspend WR Antonio Brown for an altercation with GM Mike Mayock.
- This comes after Brown was fined a total of $53,950, $13,950 for missing a walkthrough on August 22 and $40,000 for missing practice on August 18, per Vic Tafur of the Athletic.
- Brown was not happy, posting a copy of the letter to his Instagram with the caption, “When you’re own team want to hate but there’s no stopping me now devil is a lie. Everyone got to pay this year so we clear.”
- According to Pro Football Talk, the Raiders actually followed through and collected the money, which teams don’t always do.
- This also puts on the table the possibility that Brown’s guarantees in his contract could be voided by the Raiders in the future. Oakland could exercise the Conduct Detrimental to the Team clause if Brown continues to run afoul of them.