Mike Klis caught up with new Broncos RB Melvin Gordon and discussed how he thinks he’ll fit with his new team.
“It’s crazy. I’m excited. I don’t know too many people there but really cool with Von. Know he’s a great player I’ve been going up against. I haven’t really watched too much of the offense of Denver. I know Phillip Lindsay,” Gordon said. “I’m familiar with Lindsay, watching highlights. Excited to team up with him for another 1-2 punch. I’m excited to get rolling. I think they have good balance. They run the ball well. I think the scheme fits me. I’m excited to see what I can do.”
- Klis reports that Gordon will step in as Denver’s bell cow starter, with Pro Bowl RB Phillip Lindsay moving into a No. 2 role.
- According to the Houston Chronicle’s Aaron Wilson, new Browns CB Kevin Johnson drew interest from the Broncos before agreeing to a one-year contract worth up to $6 million.
- According to Herbie Teope of the Kansas City Star, the Chiefs were interested in G Andrus Peat before he re-signed with the Saints for five years and $33 million guaranteed.
- Chiefs DE Frank Clark had his entire $18.5 million 2021 base salary become fully guaranteed Friday. (Joel Corry)
- Vic Tafur mentions that while the Raiders liked free agent WR Robby Anderson, they ultimately decided to focus on improving their defense in free agency.
- Tafur considers wide receiver, cornerback, another running back, defensive tackle and safety to be the Raiders’ top needs at this point.
- Now that the asking prices for free agent receivers appear to be falling, Tafur says the Raiders may not be done.
- According to the Houston Chronicle’s Aaron Wilson, new Browns CB Kevin Johnson drew interest from the Raiders before agreeing to a one-year contract worth up to $6 million.