- Despite an earlier report, Mike Klis spoke to a source close to John Elway who said that the Broncos are not interested in a possible trade for Antonio Brown and have not been involved in trade talk.
- However, they’re aware that losing him either this year or next in free agency would likely net them a third-round compensatory pick, which works as the floor for compensation in a trade for Ford.
- Breer wonders if the Browns or Colts could have interest in Ford, seeing as John Dorsey and Chris Ballard were both with the Chiefs when they drafted him.
- King mentions that both Gruden and GM Mike Mayock have gone out of their way to say multiple times that Derek Carr is their quarterback and it’s possible that Murray isn’t available to them. However, King believes this is a situation worth watching.
- King separately mentioned that Gruden is “very interested” in Murray: “Someone in Indianapolis told me Jon Gruden is the worst poker player in the NFL. He and Mike Mayock can talk all they want about Derek Carr … but I’ll tell you Jon Gruden is very interested in Kyler Murray.” (Andrew Perloff)
- An NFL executive tells Mike Sando that the Raiders are active in the free agent market: “They are in on everyone.”