According to Tom Pelissero, the Bears have requested permission to interview Cowboys DC Dan Quinn for their head coaching vacancy.
Quinn is turning into one of the more popular candidates in this hiring cycle. He also has requests from the Broncos and Jaguars.
The Bears have requested interviews with eight candidates so far.
Head Coach Interviews:
- Bills DC Leslie Frazier (Requested)
- Former Eagles HC Doug Pederson
- Bills OC Brian Daboll (Requested)
- Buccaneers OC Byron Leftwich (Requested)
- Buccaneers DC Todd Bowles (Requested)
- Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett (Requested)
- Colts DC Matt Eberflus (Requested)
- Cowboys DC Dan Quinn (Requested)
Quinn, 51, got his start in the NFL in 2001 with the 49ers as a defensive quality control coach before being promoted to defensive line coach. He spent time with the Dolphins, Jets and Seahawks in the same position before being promoted to defensive coordinator in Seattle in 2013.
Quinn was hired by the Falcons as their head coach in 2015. He helped guide the team to a Super Bowl appearance in his second year in 2016.
The Cowboys hired Quinn as their defensive coordinator this past January.
As the Falcons head coach, Quinn led to the team to a record of 43-42 (50.5 percent) over the course of six seasons, which includes two playoff appearances.
We’ll have more on the Bears’ coaching search as the news is available.