The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced Wednesday that they’ve hired 18 assistants as part of Bruce Arians’ 2019 coaching staff.
The full list includes:
- Tim Atkins, defensive quality control coach
- Chris Boniol, specialists coach
- Mike Caldwell, inside linebackers coach
- Mike Chiurco, assistant to the head coach
- Clyde Christensen, quarterbacks coach
- Rick Christophel, tight ends coach
- Larry Foote, outside linebackers
- Kevin Garver, wide receivers
- Joe Gilbert, offensive line coach
- Cody Grimm, defensive/special teams assistant
- Amos Jones, assistant special teams coach
- Byron Leftwich, offensive coordinator
- Todd McNair, running backs coach
- Antwaan Randle El, offensive assistant
- Nick Rapone, safeties coach
- Kacy Rodgers, defensive line coach
- Kevin Ross, cornerbacks coach
- John Van Dam, offensive quality control coach
Leftwich, 38, is a former first-round pick of the Jaguars back in 2003. He spent four years in Jacksonville before playing for a number of teams including the Falcons, Steelers and Buccaneers.
The Cardinals hired Leftwich as a coaching intern during training camp in 2016 before promoting him to QBs coach. After Arizona fired Mike McCoy, Leftwich was promoted to offensive coordinator.
In 2018, the Cardinals’ offense ranked No. 32 in points scored, No. 32 in total yards, No. 32 in rushing yards and No. 32 passing yards.
Rodgers, 49, began his NFL coaching career with the Cowboys as their DTs coach back in 2003. After five years in Dallas, he departed for a job with the Dolphins before joining Todd Bowles in New York as his defensive coordinator for the 2015 season.
In 2018, the Jets’ defense ranked No. 25 in yards allowed, No. 29 in points allowed, No. 26 in rushing yards allowed and No. 24 in passing yards allowed.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!