The Kansas City Chiefs have begun trimming their roster down to 53 players ahead of Tuesday’s deadline.
The full list so far includes:
- CB Zayne Anderson
- WR Dalton Schoen (Herbie Teope)
- WR Darrius Shepherd (Sam McDowell)
- DE Demone Harris (Herbie Teope)
- DE Austin Edwards (Herbie Teope)
- S Devon Key (Tom Pelissero)
- OL Wyatt Miller (Herbie Teope)
- WR Maurice Ffrench (Sam McDowell)
- RB Derrick Gore (Sam McDowell)
- RB Darwin Thompson (Sam McDowell)
- OL Daryl Williams (Aaron Wilson)
Pelissero adds the Chiefs hope to bring back Key to the practice squad. Teope says Miller is also in that group.
Anderson, 6-2 and 200 pounds, signed with the Chiefs as an undrafted free agent out of BYU following the 2021 NFL Draft.
Schoen signed a futures deal with the Chiefs this past offseason.
Shepherd, 25, wound up going undrafted out of North Dakota State in 2019. He later agreed to a three-year, $1.71 million contract with the Packers and managed to make the 53-man roster coming out of the preseason.
The Packers later waived Shepherd and he’s bounced on and off the practice squad and active roster since then. Green Bay waived him late in the 2020 season.
In 2020, Shepherd appeared in eight games for the Packers and caught five passes for 46 yards. He has also totaled 227 kick return yards.