- Albert Breer says former Broncos HC Vance Joseph appears to be “well positioned” for the Bengals’ head-coaching job.
- However, Breer has been told by members of Marvin Lewis‘ coaching staff to not rule out Hue Jackson.
- One interesting note regarding the Bengals’ structure is that owner Mike Brown’s daughter Katie Blackburn, son-in-law Troy Blackburn and son Paul have increasingly become more involved in running the team and have been in the room for head coach interviews.
- Albert Breer says that things have quieted around the Broncos’ head-coaching search, which has led some to believe a move could be coming soon.
- Breer, like others have reported, says Steelers OL Mike Munchak is the name more commonly linked to the Broncos right now.
- According to Breer, if Munchak gets the head-coaching job, the Broncos could have Gary Kubiak serve as his offensive coordinator.
A report surfaced that the Buccaneers were set to hire Bruce Arians as their next head coach and could announce the move at some point in the near future.
However, sources have told Greg Auman that this report is “fake news” and while a deal between the Bucs and Arians could still happen, nothing has been agreed to as of now.
Auman adds that the Buccaneers are not negotiating with any candidates at this time.
- Ian Rapoport reports “all signs point” toward Arians being the next head coach of the Bucs.
- According to Albert Breer, former Buccaneers HC Tony Dungy has advocated for Jim Caldwell to be hired as the team’s next head coach.
- However, Breer says Bucs are considering hiring Bruce Arians for the position.
- According to Alber Breer, Jim Caldwell’s name has been “consistently” connected to the Cardinals’ head-coaching job.
- Although, Breer adds that he would not rule out USC OC Kliff Kingsbury as a candidate for the Cardinals. Breer says there has been “steady buzz” over the last three or four days about Kingsbury being a “very strong possibility” for the Cardinals.