The NFL announced the following schedule changes that involve eight separate contests:
- The Denver Broncos at New England Patriots game will be played in Week 6 on Sunday, October 18 at 1 p.m. ET on CBS.
- The Kansas City Chiefs at Buffalo Bills Week 6 game moves from Thursday, October 15 to Monday, October 19 at 5:00 p.m. ET on FOX/NFL Network/Amazon.
- The New York Jets at Miami Dolphins game moves from Week 10 to Week 6 at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS.
- The New York Jets at Los Angeles Chargers game moves from Week 6 to Week 11 on Sunday, November 22 at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars at Los Angeles Chargers game moves from Week 8 to Week 7 on Sunday, October 25 at 4:25 p.m. ET on CBS.
- The Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos game moves from Week 11 to Week 8 on Sunday, November 1 at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS.
- The Los Angeles Chargers at Miami Dolphins game moves from Week 7 to Week 10 on Sunday, November 15 at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS.
- The Miami Dolphins at Denver Broncos game moves from Week 6 to Week 11 at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS.
Jay Glazer reports that the NFL is moving this Thursday’s matchup between the Chiefs and Bills to next Monday.
According to Adam Schefter, the NFL has come up with an outline of how to process the current scheduling changes from the Patriots-Broncos game being postponed.
Right now the plan is:
- Denver-New England play next Sunday in Week 6
- Dolphins-Broncos game originally scheduled for Week 6 moves to Week 11, previously Miami’s bye week. Dolphins off Week 6.
- Chargers-Broncos moved to Week 8 which was previously Denver’s bye.
Schefter notes this is contingent on the Titans and Bills being able to play Tuesday, which is not a sure thing just yet after a Titans staff member tested positive today.
The Chargers are also currently set to play the Jaguars in Week 8 so there’s more adjusting that needs to happen to pull this off, per Nick Korte.
Contact tracing is being performed to determine if there’s a risk of Tennessee’s outbreak continuing and potentially impacting Buffalo.
The NFL postponed tomorrow’s Patriots-Broncos game following a positive test for a Patriots player Sunday morning.
We’ll have more regarding COVID-19 testing and possible schedule changes as the news is available.