- The North County Times reports that San Diego Chargers WR Vincent Jackson will sign his franchise tender by Friday. This move will pay $11.3 million for the 2011 season
Jackson isn’t expected to re-sign with the Chargers next year so his name will continue to come in future trade rumors.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter tweets that Logan Mankins has decided to sign the franchise tender that the Patriots designated to him back in February. Mankins will make around $10 million for the 2011 season.
- The Dallas Cowboys have made the decision to cut RB Marion Barber, per Adam Schefter.
Barber was set to make $4.25 million along with a roster bonus of $500,000 so the move will help clear cap space for the Cowboys which has been something that they have been actively pursuing today.
- Calvin Watkins of ESPN Dallas reports that the Cowboys will continue cutting players with the release of WR Roy Williams.
The interesting thing about releasing Williams is that his salary was previously reported to count against the teams salary cap even if they cut him.
- Pro Football Talk tweets that the New York Giants will release C Shaun O’Hara.
New York is sitting above the cap so moves such as this one were expected to be made since the Giants will have to address the contracts of players such as: Ahmad Bradshaw, Osi Umenyiora, Steve Smith and Mathias Kiwanuka.