Here are some of today’s happenings from around the NFL:
- Vincent Jackson‘s was interview by Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network. Kevin Acee of the San Diego-Union Tribune added that both of the Vikings and Seahawks feel that Jackson’s contract demands are too high.
- Albert Haynesworth got some time with the Redskins first team in tonight’s game against the Jets and said that last weeks problems are behind him and that he and Mike Shanahan are on the same page.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars have shut Maurice Jones-Drew down for the preseason as a precautionary measure. He’ll be ready for week 1.
- LaDainian Tomlinson had a great game against the Redskins while Mark Sanchez and the rest of Jets offense underperformed.
- Plenty of high-profile injuries in the game against the Philadelphia Eagles and Kansas City Chiefs. Both DeSean Jackson and Trent Cole left the game with injuries but Cole’s x-rays were negative.
- Jamaal Charles also left the game for K.C. after coming up limping on a play out-of-bounds.
- Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo, confirmed that Donnie Avery does have a torn ACL and will be out for the season.
- Matt Leinart isn’t sure why he was benched for this weekends game against Chicago.