Cowboys G Zack Martin said that he isn’t thinking about his contract situation now that he’s around his teammates but he’s still hoping to get a deal done this summer.
“It’s been better now that we are in the facility with the guys,” Martin said, via the Star-Telegram. “I don’t think about it now because I am with those guys working out. And it’s kind of back to normal. We will see. Hopefully it gets done. We will see where it goes.”
- Jimmy Kempski reports that the Eagles signed RB Matt Jones‘ two-year deal is worth slightly over $1.5 million with no guaranteed money.
- Kempski expects Jay Ajayi, Corey Clement, and Darren Sproles to be the Eagles’ top-three running backs this year.
- This leaves Wendell Smallwood, Donnel Pumphrey, Josh Adams and Jones competing for the No. 4 job in training camp.
- Josina Anderson reports that Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr. (ankle) will attend the start of voluntary OTA’s on Monday, May 21st.
- Anderson says that Beckham will show, even he and the team have yet to come to terms on a contract extension.
- Jordan Raanan adds that Beckham is doing what’s been asked from Giants and has been in constant contact with new HC Pat Shurmur. Raanan says that the decision to attend minicamps and OTAs is another sign of good faith in hopes of getting a long-term deal in place.