Cowboys offensive coordinator Kellen Moore said the team’s offense will be a “collaborative” effort with new HC Mike McCarthy.
“It’s certainly very appreciated,” Moore said Monday, per Jon Machota. “Certainly at the end of the day, I know this thing will be collaborative and we’ll work through it together, and we’ll find the best situation and best outcome out of it.”
Moore was asked if he would have left had McCarthy opted to call plays.
“We really didn’t even get down that road,” Moore said. “We just talked thru everything. It became a great opportunity, and I really thought Mike and I would work really well together however it turned out.”
- The Athletic’s Sheil Kapadia thinks the Eagles are pretty much locked into keeping WR Alshon Jeffery on the roster in 2020 because of his cap situation.
- Jeffery also might start the season on the PUP list as he recovers from a Lisfranc injury, so that makes a trade even less likely.
- Kapadia points out that while the Eagles have been discussed as an option for a number of the top cornerbacks slated to hit free agency, they might not have the cap flexibility to get into a bidding war with other teams.
- Instead of putting all their eggs into one basket by signing a top guy like Cowboys CB Byron Jones, Kapadia thinks Philadelphia could get away with re-signing CB Jalen Mills and adding another mid-tier free agent corner.
- Chiefs RB LeSean McCoy says when the time comes for him to retire he wants to do so as an Eagle: “Right now, I’m a Chief. I’m doing my thing here. But when it’s all said and done, that’s home for me. It’s weird because places I play at, people know that.” (Jeff McLane)
According to Ian Rapoport, former Browns HC Freddie Kitchens nearly decided to sit out the 2020 season before the opportunity surfaced to become the Giants’ TEs coach.
“From what I understand, Kitchens was strongly leaning towards taking a year off, taking a breath and rebooting his career after everything that happened in Cleveland this year, but he and Joe Judge are very good friends, Joe was adamant that Kitchens join him on his staff,” Rapoport said, per Jennifer Williams.