- Following Amari Cooper‘s impressive Thanksgiving showing, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said: “That Amari looked like he’s making a bid for some cash.” (Jon Machota)
- Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said of DE Demarcus Lawrence‘s future with the Cowboys: “He’s getting it all done. We’ll be fine. When they’re worthy of it, I don’t have a problem paying it.” (Jon Machota)
- Jimmy Kempski of Philly Voice mentions that with Brandon Graham likely departing in free agency, Chris Long possibly retiring and Michael Bennett‘s future uncertain, the Eagles will need to bolster their pass rush and defensive tackle depth.
- The good news for the Eagles is that next year’s draft class has a number of quality defensive line prospects and Kempski could see as many as 10 being selected in the first round.
- Kempski mentions Mississippi State DT Jeffery Simmons as a player who could make sense for the Eagles in round one next year.
- According to Kempski, Eagles DT Timmy Jernigan would likely have to have to take a “massive” pay cut to be back in Philadelphia next year.
- The Giants ruled out DE Kerry Wynn (concussion) from Week 12’s game against the Eagles.
Redskins QB Colt McCoy told reporters after Thursday’s loss to the Cowboys that he takes “full responsibility” for how the game turned out.
“You can’t turn the ball over in the division on the road and expect to come out on top,” McCoy said, via NBC Sports Washington. “I take full responsibility for that.”
McCoy admitted that not having a lot of playing time with some of his teammates led to some mistakes: “There’s little things throughout the game that came up because I just hadn’t had a whole lot of reps with those guys.”
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden announced Friday that LT Trent Williams stayed behind in Dallas last night to get x-rays on his ribs. The good news, however, is that X-rays came back negative.
- Gruden said he’s still operating for now under the belief that QB Alex Smith will need 6-8 months to recover from his leg/ankle injury. (John Keim)
- According to Gruden, RB Adrian Peterson‘s shoulder injury may have impacted how he ran Thursday. (John Keim)
- JP Finlay wonders if the season-ending injury sustained by LB Cassanova McKinzy could lead to the Redskins re-signing veteran OLB Junior Galette.