“We got a great report back on our player’s eye,” Jones said, via Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News. “It looks awful, but I think he’s going to be all right.”
Su’a-Filo reportedly took a thumb to his eye socket, which caused his eye to nearly be swollen shut.
Eagles QB Nick Foles admitted that he thinks about his future from time to time, but he’s doing his best to stay in the moment and focus on helping the team down the stretch.
“That part does creep in,” Foles said, via Reuben Frank of NBC Sports Philadelphia. “I do say there is a human side, but I’m very self-aware that those distractions don’t do you any good. I really thrive in staying in the moment and just enjoying it. We’ll see what happens but I really want to just enjoy the moment and just be in the present in all I do, and that’s what I try to focus on daily.”
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson said Monday that LB Jordan Hicks should be back practicing this week. (Dave Zangaro)
- Last Friday, the Eagles tried out OT Tyreek Burwell, OT Taylor Hart, OT William Poehls and G Kaleb Johnson (signed to practice squad). (Howard Balzer)
- When asked if he wants Eli Manning back next season, Giants HC Pat Shurmur said: “Yeah. I want all our players to be back. I believe experience matters.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Shurmur was then asked if he still believes Manning has “years” remaining as an NFL starter: “Yeah, I do.”
- Regarding WR Odell Beckham, Shurmur said: “Odell is going through treatment and doing everything he can to get back. We’re hopeful he’ll work his way back for this Sunday.“
- Giants S Landon Collins said Wednesday during an appearance on “The Michael Kay Show” that he was forced to make a “career decision” as there was potential for more damage if he continued playing. However, he would have “definitely considered” doing so if they had beaten the Eagles. (Jordan Raanan)
- Collins also said he preferred to remain a Giant and his gut tells him he’ll be back. Raanan mentions that the franchise tag seems like a “likely option.“
- Shurmur said of whether he’ll play QB Kyle Lauletta again this season: “Think we’re going to try to put the player in that gives us the best chance to win. We’ll see if that involves Kyle. … Eli playing QB I think gives us the best chance to win.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Giants rookie QB Kyle Lauletta says he wasn’t happy with being a healthy inactive for Sunday’s game: “I’m disappointed. Just not happy, but I’ll do what I can to do my role the best I can, and that was to be on the sideline and try to see stuff out there.” (New York Post)
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden said of QB Colt McCoy is coming along good: “If anybody can get ready sooner than expected, it’s Colt McCoy.” (JP Finlay)
- Gruden admitted that he probably should have activated WR Simmie Cobbs earlier in the year: “It was tough because we had him in the building and he was progressing very well. In hindsight, I probably should have activated him sooner, to be honest with you.” (NBC Washington)
- JP Finlay reports that some believe Redskins TE Jordan Reed could return for Week 17’s game and possible this weekend, which explains why the team hasn’t placed him on injured reserve.