- A source tells Charles Robinson that the meeting between the Cowboys and Berry was more of a feeling out process between the two sides, centered largely on Berry’s health and potential fit with the team.
- Robinson says that if both sides are happy with the results, talks are expected to advance into potential financial terms. However, Robinson adds that it’s too early to talk about Berry being a “bargain” signing in free agency.
- Berry’s visit with the Cowboys ended with a deal and he’s expected to meet with other teams. (NFLTR)
- Regarding the potential trade for Dolphins DE Robert Quinn, Mike Fisher says there’s a “good vibe” and he predicts that a deal will get done if Dallas signs Quinn to an extension.
- Eagles CB Ronald Darby told reporters of his ACL rehab: “It’s going great. My goal is to be back by Week 1.” (Zack Rosenblatt)
- As for re-signing with the Eagles this offseason, Darby said: “I always wanted to be back. How could I walk away from a place like this? … at the end of the day, I’m where I belong.” (Zack Rosenblatt)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Alabama DT Quinnen Williams had dinner with Giants on Monday night.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Alabama State OT prospect Tytus Howard is scheduled to visit with the Giants.
“When you talk to him he’s just so knowledgeable,” Flowers said, via Redskins.com. “Certain stuff you watch on film, or when he talks about certain things. I was just talking to him now, and there are things that I’ve never really heard, and it’s like ‘wow.’ You know he’s a great coach, you look at his body of work and I think it’s a great opportunity.”
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Redskins signed Flowers to a one-year, $3.25 million contract that includes a $1 million signing bonus, a $2 million salary with $500,000 guaranteed. He will make $15,625 in per game active roster bonuses and $750,000 in playtime incentives.